Ref NoMS162
TitleGrants, WS, Auchterarder Papers
Date1703-1986
LevelFonds
HistoryThe origins of Grants, a firm of solicitors in Auchterarder, lie in the Young family of Auchterarder. The family had established a legal practice in the town in the 1820s. By the early 20th century this had become Young and Kennaway. In 1946 Kenneth G Young (c 1914-2000) joined the firm, which was at that time run by his father. Young played an active role in the town's life acting as Chamberlain and Town Clerk, and retired in 1975. The firm continued as Young and Goodman then as Goodman and Steiner and finally operated under the name of Grants, WS. It finally closed towards the end of the 20th century.
DescriptionMinutes, accounts, sederunt books, chartularies and legal and estate papers relating to individuals, trusts, property, businesses and families in the Auchterarder area including the Mailer and Hally families
Access statusOpen
Access conditionsRecords less than 100 years old containing personal information of living individuals are subject to data protection legislation
CopyingReproduction is available subject to preservation requirements, copyright and data protection restrictions. Charges are made for this service. Applications should be made to Archive staff.
LanguageEnglish

Show related Persons records.

Persons
CodePersonNameDates
NA14873; Grants; 1820-; WS, Auchterarder1820-
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019